Thursday, December 11, 2014

The Nail Challenge Collaborative: Dots - #2

Hello lovelies!

How is everyone's week going so far? I finally got to have a nail art day yesterday! The joys of classes being over and being snowed into my apartment....I'll probably end up doing the same today and I'm so happy. I have a lot of nail art that I'm excited to show you guys!

Here's the first look!
nails, nail art, nail polish, dots, polka dots, free hand, hey darling polish, the nail challenge collaborative, book, the penguin poets

It was time for some non-Holiday inspired nail art!




nails, nail art, nail polish, dots, polka dots, free hand, hey darling polish, the nail challenge collaborative, book, the penguin poets

Here's what I used:


Today's nail art was actually inspired by a book....which was last month's theme....but there are dots and maybe I wasn't ready to let go of the book theme....so yeah! The book is called More Comic & Curious Verse by J.M. Cohen.

nails, nail art, nail polish, dots, polka dots, free hand, hey darling polish, the nail challenge collaborative, book, the penguin poet

These nails started with one coat of Black Out and a layer of HK Girl. Then using the acrylic paints (I mixed the colors I needed) I painted on the larger circles. When those had dried, I went back in and painted in the spirals. I finished the look with the tiny dots in-between the larger circles and another layer of HK Girl.

nails, nail art, nail polish, dots, polka dots, free hand, hey darling polish, the nail challenge collaborative, book, the penguin poets

I love how these nails turned out! I think this is the first design that I've posted in a while that actually took a decent chunk of time to complete. I can't wait to show you guys more (:


Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:







27 comments:

  1. These look great! I like the swirly design on each dot, very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! They are so intricate and colorful! Awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful mani!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! How creative to turn your dots into flowers! Way to buck the system gf! Love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. IDK why but these remind me of Willy Wonka candy? Haha regardless, they're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These remind me of little candies! I'm weird. LOL. They are really cute though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm totally reminded of Dr. Seuss! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are awesome! Love the colours you went with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A book? Really?? How's that I started singing "I want candy" when I saw your nailart?? I love it! But now I need candies haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a super sweet looking mani :). The colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Even though it's non-holiday this reminds me of candy. These are so striking, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha a ton of people have been saying that! Works for me (:

    ReplyDelete
  13. Omg, that is so sweet! You seriously leave the best comments<3

    ReplyDelete
  14. This feels so unique and striking! Great job! :D

    ReplyDelete