Wednesday, December 31, 2014

NAIL Linkup: New Year's Eve

Hello lovelies!

It's New Year's Eve! I hope you guys all have something planned whether it be going out or staying in. I'll be spending most of my day at work, I got stuck with the closing shift today.....meh, but then I'll be hanging out with friends. Whatever you do, be safe and have fun!

Let's get to the nails!

nails, nail art, nail polish, gold, blue, glitter, new years eve, hey darling polish, nail linkup

I told you guys that I was ready for the glitter!




nails, nail art, nail polish, gold, blue, glitter, new years eve, hey darling polish, nail linkup

Here's what I used:


When I was planning for this theme, I decided to browse through Pinterest for different New Year's Eve dresses. I came across this dress by Matthew Williamson and used it for my inspiration!

nails, nail art, nail polish, gold, blue, glitter, new years eve, hey darling polish, nail linkup

I started these nails with two coats of Lamb. Angel. Music. Baby. and followed that with a layer of Paris. When that had dried, I used the dry brush technique to add Frostbite about halfway up my nail. That was followed by some dabbed on glitter from Crash. Everything was sealed in with a layer of HK Girl.

nails, nail art, nail polish, gold, blue, glitter, new years eve, hey darling polish, nail linkup

These photos aren't doing this manicure justice because it freaked my camera out. I really liked these nails, but these aren't what I'm wearing out tonight. You'll have to wait a few days to see those, I promise that they are sparkly (: 


I mentioned earlier in the week that I was planning on setting some resolutions for the blog and here they are!

1. Let go. - This one sounds weird, I know. But I'll admit that I can get really worked up about the blog. Part of that is my anxiety and I feel like I'm failing if I'm not posting amazing, perfect designs or if I miss a post. I need to remind myself that not every single design that I post has to be super intricate or detailed. Simple is good. Nothing is perfect. Missing a day of posting is okay. I'm still having a lot fun blogging and painting my nails, so I don't want it to become overly stressful and possibly lead to blogger burnout. This goal will be a big one for me. 

2. Be more social. - This was one of my goals last year too. I've been trying really hard in the past couple of days to comment on a lot more posts and I'm hoping that I can keep this up throughout the year. I like talking to you guys and I know it makes me happy when someone comments on my posts, so I want to do the same for everyone else!

3. Keep up on updating social media. - Another repeat goal from last year. I'm getting better at this one too, I think. I have the worst time with keeping up on Facebook and Twitter, so hopefully I can change that!

4. Post an end of the year round-up post. - I'm thinking this one is the most manageable of the group. I love reading everyone else's yearly wrap-up posts and it makes me want to write my own!


And those are my resolutions! Do any of you guys make resolutions for yourself? Whether they're blogging, polish related, or just about life in general, let me know! I know that I'm getting rant-y right now, but I also want to say thank you to everyone who reads/has read/commented/interacted in some way with me here at Hey, Darling Polish! You guys make all of this really fun and I look forward to what we can all do in 2015! Thanks for being here (:

-Marisa! (:








27 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty and sparkly manicure! I commend you on your goals! Bloglovin helps me so much when it comes to commenting on blogs, I check it in the morning and then in the evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh pretty! They remind me of the ocean. :) Happy New Years to you! Great resolutions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so pretty! Love the blue and gold combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful color combo! Cute mani!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great color combo and gradient!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this color combo. It's my favorite of the year or maybe of all time. AND I love your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great mani! I have similar goals for 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look you created! My goals are also very similar for 2015. I've loved all of the round up posts and I'm sort of sad I didn't jump on the bandwagon. lol. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful mani! I love the added blue glitter ♥.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the look of Crash over Frostbite!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous mani! And your goals are great - I love your blog and look forward to see what you have for us this coming year :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great look! It reminds me of a sparkly beach! Your goals sound fantastic, keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you!! I've definitely been working on that one more!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you! I think the hardest thing about the round up posts is just saying organized with planning them, but we can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww thank you so much! You're so sweet (:

    ReplyDelete
  16. I started to let go a few months ago, it saves so much stress!

    ReplyDelete