Sunday, December 14, 2014

Indie Sundays: KBShimmer - Let's Sleigh Together + Snow Way!

Hello lovelies!

I'm back with that second KBShimmer swatch post that I mentioned on Friday! If you haven't already seen my other KBShimmer posts, you can find them here and here

*All swatches shown with one coat of HK Girl.

Let's get to the nails!






let's sleigh together, grey, glitter crelly, swatch, nails, nail polish, indie, indie nail polish, indie polish, kbshimmer, hey darling polish, winter collection 2014, holiday

I'm going to start off with Let's Sleigh Together! This light grey crelly is filled with various blue and green glitters along with some little holographic sparkles. I'm showing you guys three coats with one layer of topcoat.

let's sleigh together, grey, glitter crelly, swatch, nails, nail polish, indie, indie nail polish, indie polish, kbshimmer, hey darling polish, winter collection 2014, holiday

I really like how subtle this polish. I don't think I ever would have thought about putting out a grey polish for a Winter collection, but I like it! The glitters are really well suspended in the base and each coat applies evenly. My only complaint would be that I want more of those blue circle glitters because they're awesome!

let's sleigh together, grey, glitter crelly, swatch, nails, nail polish, indie, indie nail polish, indie polish, kbshimmer, hey darling polish, winter collection 2014, holiday

Next up is Snow Way!

glitter crelly, snow way!, blue, white, swatch, nails, nail polish, indie, indie nail polish, indie polish, kbshimmer, hey darling polish, winter collection 2014, holiday

This lovely, light blue crelly is filled with a bunch of different sized, white glitters. This polish is another re-release from 2012, so I don't know if this is back permanently or not. But I'm showing you guys three coats plus topcoat.

glitter crelly, snow way!, blue, white, swatch, nails, nail polish, indie, indie nail polish, indie polish, kbshimmer, hey darling polish, winter collection 2014, holiday

I love this polish and I think it might be one of my favorite KBShimmer polishes! I did find that the bigger glitters like to clump together and I'm seeing a few bald spots in my swatches, but I'm willing to look past it because I love the look of this. I do suggest maybe trying two coats of topcoat and/or a thicker one because the glitters were a bit topcoat hungry.

glitter crelly, snow way!, blue, white, swatch, nails, nail polish, indie, indie nail polish, indie polish, kbshimmer, hey darling polish, winter collection 2014, holiday

And now onto the nail art!

let's sleigh together, grey, polar bear, animal, winter, nail art, nails, nail polish, indie, indie nail polish, indie polish, kbshimmer, hey darling polish, winter collection 2014, holiday

Polar bears! Why? I don't know. I came across this image by Helen Black and knew instantly that I wanted polar bears on my nails....which is weird because I find bears terrifying.....anyways, I loved how my reindeer from earlier in the week turned out so I wanted to try more cute winter animals! 

let's sleigh together, grey, polar bear, animal, winter, nail art, nails, nail polish, indie, indie nail polish, indie polish, kbshimmer, hey darling polish, winter collection 2014, holiday

These nails started with three coats of Let's Sleigh Together and a layer of HK Girl. I then used my detail brush and white acrylic paint to paint on the polar bear shape and ears. When that dried, I went back in with a smaller detail brush and black acrylic paint to add the faces. I finished by painting the line for the scarf, touching up any of the black lines, and adding another layer of HK Girl.

let's sleigh together, grey, polar bear, animal, winter, nail art, nails, nail polish, indie, indie nail polish, indie polish, kbshimmer, hey darling polish, winter collection 2014, holiday

And now for the look using Snow Way!


snow, nail art, trees, winter snow way!, nails, nail polish, indie, indie nail polish, indie polish, kbshimmer, hey darling polish, winter collection 2014, holiday

The minute that I put Snow Way! on, I knew that I wanted to paint a wintery scene with trees! Why? Again, I don't really know haha. But I remembered that I did this design a while back and thought it was time to try and recreate it. I'm realizing now that I paint trees on my nails a lot......weird. 

snow, nail art, trees, winter snow way!, nails, nail polish, indie, indie nail polish, indie polish, kbshimmer, hey darling polish, winter collection 2014, holiday

I started these nails with three coats of Snow Way! and a layer of HK Girl. Then using my white acrylic paint and detail brush, I added on the slopes of snow. That was followed with the green paint for the trees. This design was finished by adding some snow to the trees, some dots for snowflakes in the sky, and by adding another layer of HK Girl.

snow, nail art, trees, winter snow way!, nails, nail polish, indie, indie nail polish, indie polish, kbshimmer, hey darling polish, winter collection 2014, holiday

Here are some macros:


Both of these polishes are available to be purchased in the KBShimmer store and retail for $8.75. There is still free shipping if you spend over $40 and you get a free bottle of Holly Back Girl (reviewed here) with orders over $70 (add a bottle of HBG to your cart and use code HBGFREE.) Here are some of the links:



Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:


9 comments:

  1. I love your nail art with these! The polar bears look so cute :) I really like Snow Way, it reminds me of the Maybelline Acid Wash collection but a lot better! (my Acid Wash polish looks really thick and unflattering, but the KBShimmer one is so pretty and wintery!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the nail art, those polar bears are adorable

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness those little polar bears! Ahhhhhh! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those little trees are so cute! They came out perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I wanted to try those polishes out but I'm glad to hear that I have a possible dupe already (:

    ReplyDelete