Sunday, December 28, 2014

Indie Sundays: KBShimmer - Lottie Dottie + Full Bloom Ahead

Hello lovelies!

I'm back today with more KBShimmer swatches. This is the longest run of one brand that I've done since starting this indie polish series. Hopefully you guys are still enjoying the polishes because we'll be seeing KBShimmer until the end of January. Today's post is all about some white, glitter crellies!

*All swatches shown with one layer of HK Girl.






swatch, lottie dottie, fuchsia, aqua, kbshimmer, hey darling polish, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, glitter crelly, glitter,

I'll start today's post off with Lottie Dottie. Which I'll apologize right now, I didn't realize that this polish had been discontinued. You can still find it at Harlow & Co though! This white crelly is filled with fuchsia and turquoise glitters. I'm showing you guys three coats plus top coat.

swatch, lottie dottie, fuchsia, aqua, kbshimmer, hey darling polish, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, glitter crelly, glitter,

I think this polish is a lot of fun! The circle glitters are awesome and the bars in here are so tiny, that they aren't annoying. My bottle of this is over a year old and I've used it a few times before so I can't really comment on the formula. My bottle is a little thick which is what caused me to get so much glitter on my nails. I like glitter, so I don't mind that there's a lot of it.

swatch, lottie dottie, fuchsia, aqua, kbshimmer, hey darling polish, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, glitter crelly, glitter,

Next up is Full Bloom Ahead!

swatch, full bloom ahead, kbshimmer, hey darling polish, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, glitter crelly, glitter,

Full Bloom Ahead is another white crelly that is filled with a bunch of different sized hex glitters. The colors range from orange to teal to magenta, along with a bunch of others. This is three coats of the polish with topcoat.

swatch, full bloom ahead, kbshimmer, hey darling polish, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, glitter crelly, glitter,

I thought that this polish was a lot of fun too! The formula on this was really easy to work with and the glitter payoff is really nice. I'm usually not a huge fan of white crellies but this one is really pretty.

swatch, full bloom ahead, kbshimmer, hey darling polish, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, glitter crelly, glitter,

Now, onto the nail art!

lottie dottie, turquoise, fuchsia, flowers, nail art,  kbshimmer, hey darling polish, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, glitter crelly, glitter,

I don't know what it was but I knew that I wanted to paint black flowers on one of these polishes, similar to these ones that I did a while back for The Nail Challenge Collaborative. I ended up doing them over Lottie Dottie!

lottie dottie, turquoise, fuchsia, flowers, nail art,  kbshimmer, hey darling polish, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, glitter crelly, glitter,

These nails started with three coats of Lottie Dottie and a layer of HK Girl. Then using black acrylic paint and a detail brush, I added on the flowers. Everything was sealed in with another layer of HK Girl.

lottie dottie, turquoise, fuchsia, flowers, nail art,  kbshimmer, hey darling polish, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, glitter crelly, glitter,

Next up is the look I did with Full Bloom Ahead.

full bloom ahead, stripes, nail art, kbshimmer, hey darling polish, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, glitter crelly, glitter,

This is one of my favorite nail art designs that I've done in a while! This design is actually a recreation of my stripe manicure from the 31 Day Challenge. I think it looks so much cooler over the glitter!

full bloom ahead, stripes, nail art, kbshimmer, hey darling polish, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, glitter crelly, glitter,

I started these nails with three coats of Full Bloom Ahead and a layer of HK Girl. I then used black acrylic paint and a striping brush to add on the lines. Everything was sealed in with another layer of HK Girl.

full bloom ahead, stripes, nail art, kbshimmer, hey darling polish, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, glitter crelly, glitter,

Here are some macros:


Only Full Bloom Ahead is available to be purchased in the KBShimmer store and it retails for $8.75. There is still free shipping if you spend over $40 and you get a free bottle of Holly Back Girl (reviewed here) with orders over $70 (add a bottle of HBG to your cart and use code HBGFREE.) Lottie Dottie can be found at Harlow & Co for $9 a bottle. Here are some of the links:


Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:











12 comments:

  1. Both crelly shades are gorgeous! Love the nail art you did too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both so pretty and I love the nail art you did on these! The starkness of the black contrasts in such a cool way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Full Bloom Ahead is sooo pretty and fun!! I love both nail arts you did, I really like nail art on top of glitters :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lottie Dottie is my favorite! Keep the KBShimmers coming, I won't complain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was exactly my goal! Haha thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it?! Thank you! I'm definitely going to try it more. Normally I'm afraid that the glitter plus art will be too much, but I guess you never know until you try it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the doodled drawings! They fit the glittery bases so well :).

    ReplyDelete